Fairhope Soccer Club (FSC) Code of Conduct:
All participants must understand that “soccer belongs to the players”. This Statement and Covenant has been developed to clarify approved behavior and the responsibilities of everyone involved. Players are invited to join a Fairhope Academy soccer team by the Director of Coaching and the coach of the team for which the player is trying out. Continued participation on the team is at the discretion of the coach, the Director of Coaching and/or the Board of Directors of the Fairhope Soccer Club. Any of these may suspend a player or expel a player due to the conduct of the player or a player’s parent, in their sole discretion.
Coaches are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Conduct of the players when they are together as a team.
- Know the rules of the game and teach them to the players
- Teach the values of good sportsmanship and team play. Referees, opposing team coaches/players/parents and spectators should be treated with respect at all times
- Never place the value of winning over the safety and welfare of players or opponents.
- Behave in such a manner that the principles, integrity, and dignity of FSC are not compromised.
- Refrain from profanity and vulgarity at all times
- Maintain an open line of communication at all times with players and parents and encourage feedback from parents and players and properly use the team manager/coordinator as needed.
- Encourage all players equally. Playing time is a coaching decision and will not be mandated by FSC. Coaches should follow any league or tournament guidelines regarding playing time.
- Follow all rules, regulations of FSC and any league or tournament in which the team is participating.
Parents and Players shall adhere to the following rules/guidelines:
- Communicate any concerns or complaints to the coach. Please refrain from interrupting the coach during practice or games. We highly encourage the "24 hour “cool-off” period" after a game or weekend tournament to discuss any issues with coach that may have occurred during a game or tournament. If parents are not satisfied with the coach’s response/solution, concerns should then be brought to the attention of the Mobile Bay FC director of coaching. The director of coaching will attempt to intercede and resolve the problem or refer to the Fairhope Soccer Club board or designated committee for a resolution.
- Assure that players attend all practices and games. If a player cannot attend a game or practice, the parent must ensure that the coach is notified in a timely manner.
- Provide or arrange safe transportation to games and practices at the requested time.
- Behave in a manner that will bring credit to themselves, the team and FSC.
- Refrain from profanity and vulgarity at all times.
- Never place the value of winning over the safety and welfare of teammates or opponents.
- At all times, games, practices and otherwise, practice good sportsmanship and team play. Referees, opposing team’s coaches, opponents, players and spectators should be treated with respect at all times.
- Pay all fees on time according to payment plans. If additional costs are needed for your team, please make that payment to your team manager in a timely manner.
- Parents will encourage players to practice and train, and players will practice and train at home to improve their soccer skills and physical abilities.
By clicking agree, you agree to the following:
- You have read the Fairhope Soccer Club Code of Conduct
- You have been informed about the required player fees as well as additional costs, and you agree to pay all fees associated with the club and your assigned team by deadlines.
- Fees are non-refundable. Partial refunds due severe injury or player moving out of state may be considered by our Director/Club President.
- Release from team or club: If you wish to be released from your team or to transfer to another club prior to the end of the seasonal year, you will be required to notify Director of Coaching.
- You agree to abide by the rule that there is no guest playing with another club with out the express written approval of the Director of Coaching.