How to decide what is right the right soccer program for your child and your family
One of the most frequently asked questions is "What is Academy Soccer?"and how is it different than recreational soccer?
· There is no selection/tryout process. Skill evaluations may be held to form teams in a fair and balanced method.
· All players who register are assigned to a team.
· There is usually a one-time registration fee, which includes uniform.
· Players benefit from the opportunity for social interaction with other players their own age and physical fitness aspects of the game while also developing better soccer skills.
· All games are held at the Fairhope Soccer Complex every weekend/sometimes weeknight (Tuesday/Thursday) for 7-8 weeks.
· Typically, coaches are parent volunteers.
· Team Formations are held to identify players on the basis of ability and best interest for ages 8-12. For upcoming Fall, team formation is held in May and for Spring, team formation is held in mid January
· Players selected for Academy teams are committing to their team for the season. (Approximately 4 month season)
· Players selected for Academy teams are also financially committing to their team for the season.
• Additional costs for uniform and travel
· Academy teams play in local playdates and tournaments. (Away playdates and tournaments are typically within an hour drive from our home soccer complex.)
· All coaches are licensed and paid. Academy coaches are not volunteers.
How do I know what's right for my child and my family?
Before committing to an Academy soccer team, you should evaluate several things about your child and your lifestyle:
If you answered "yes" to the questions above, then Fairhope Academy is right for you!
If you still have some questions regarding our Academy soccer program, please feel free to contact Nick Cooper, Director of Coaching.